David is an Operational Finance Executive with 35 years of extensive experience in healthcare accounting, accounts receivable management, budgeting, reimbursement, compliance, information systems, medical records, supply chain, and management engineering. Dave’s experience is in a wide range of healthcare settings from large referral/teaching hospitals to small 20-bed critical access hospitals. He has a solid work ethic with a history of achieving financial and income goals.
- Operational Finance Executive – over 35 years
- Regional CFO
- Financial operations restructuring
- Revenue Cycle billing improvements efforts
- Healthcare accounting, accounts receivable management, budgeting, reimbursement, compliance, information systems – forecasting, analysis and fiscal response plan development
- New greenfield hospital preparation and operations
- Experience in healthcare settings from large referral/teaching hospitals to small 20-bed critical access hospitals
- Consolidated Accounting and Finance functions for five small rural hospitals
- Director of Finance for Urban Central Region Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Director of Finance for Southern Region Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Assistant to the Vice President of Finance Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Financial Analyst/Intern Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake
- Initiated Revenue Cycle billing improvement efforts as the lead on Intermountain Healthcare Pilot that included a multidisciplinary team compromised of Patient Accounts, Finance, Nursing, Radiology, Cardiology, and Lab. On average this team created over $3 million per year in improvements. Efforts were expanded to all Intermountain facilities.
- Developed and implemented a centralized model for research accounting and billing at Intermountain Healthcare. Collaborated with hospital CFOs and accounting managers to create a new model built on the research accounting enterprise at LDS Hospital. This model was later presented to management and adopted for use by the Clinical and Administrative Research teams.
- Implemented a region-wide budgeting and financial services to facilitate change to region-wide management model and one regional board of directors. Redesigned the budget function, moving more financial support to the service line administrators and their department heads.
- Managed highly complex hospital reorganization with the opening of the new 1.5 million square foot Intermountain Medical Center bringing together a team from five hospitals to create a new flagship hospital for Intermountain Healthcare. Instrumental in working with CMS to get a unique licensing arrangement which allowed the Medical Center to open with full Transplant and Teaching capabilities. Also helped the hospital avoid $4-5 million per year in additional costs
- Integrated Accounting functions including accounts payable, fixed assets, and payroll across all Region facilities, reducing expenses by 20% over a five-year period.
- Consolidated Accounting and Finance functions for five small rural hospitals. Reduced FTE’s and expenses, at the same time improving compliance with policies and internal audits.